1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Plattergeist [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 2:31:05 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"It kinda looks like one of the plates, doesn't it?" Zac asked, gesturing broadly at the gravestone. The block of purpled stone was still hard-edged, but the inscription had been weathered down to broken, runic lines.
    The headstone almost certainly wasn't haunted, but Zac still felt uncomfortable pointing at it directly.
    Last thing I need to do is anger some long sleeping spirit, he thought, very conscious of his distance from the graves around him.
    He wasn't afraid of ghosts, but they did exist, and it was hard to tell just how closely they were tied to human souls. 
    The finale of the Vital Spirit Festival had shown that there were many aspects of the afterlife that were still unexplored. That was part of why they were here today. Partly, it was for payback.    
    "How did your recon go?" Zac asked, looking over at . "I made a bit of headway, but nothing to do with Giratina." 

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Plattergeist [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 16:28:35 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug was already poking at it the moment Zac mentioned the similarity, squinting thoughtfully as he crosschecked the thing. Would they have to take this thing and drop it inside Chimney as well?

"How much would you say this weighs?" He said as he pulled away from the slab, half turning towards Zac, gesturing over his shoulder with his thumb.

He was only half joking.

"I've been lookin' into . Had a long talk with over some wine and children's babble." He said after a moment of silence, crossing his arms over his chest. "Haven't seen heads or tails of the God of redheaded step-childs, though."

He grinned at Zac, only barely glancing at his hair after saying that and winking.

"The conversation ended up leanin' more towards Rockets than the thief, though." He said, his brow furrowing slightly as he turned his gaze towards the floor... before snapping back up to Zac. "What's yer headway?"

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Plattergeist [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2021 0:39:11 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"I'd say it weighs a bit more than the other plates," Zac ventured. "Looks to be solid stone, and a fair bit thicker, too. Probably not worth destroying," he said, chuckling. Despite the morose setting, chats with Doug were always lighthearted. Even the serious ones.
    "I talked to and , but that was about my personal grievances. Not much Giratina info." As Zac talked, the thin grass around him grew, lengthening uncontrollably into a knotted carpet of ghost hair. "They had both been to the distortion world, but didn't have much to add. You know Fern, his mind is a safe. Welded shut."
    Zac headed down one of the rows, gravestones blossoming with moss as he walked by. He thought better on the move. "So no leads there. That leaves us pretty high and dry, yeah? Unless you got something else?" 

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Plattergeist [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2021 17:39:22 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Sounds 'bout right." Doug said, rolling his arms in preparation for uprooting the massive tomb off the soil. This moment was what he had been hitting the gym every day for. Clearly. "Don't count it out just yet- maybe doin' so will piss of the reject god into popping up."

And Doug was all for anything that pissed off Giratina (and more importantly, ) at this point.

"Man, ya can just meet up with now, huh?" He said with a laugh, though he was rather glad to hear. It spoke of a level of connections.

At least one of them needed to have these if they were to get anywhere.

"I ain't got nothing on her except a Gym Challenge." he said bluntly, shaking his head. "I'm on a waitin' list for now; but..."

He paused, cupping his chin, glancing at Zac.

"She has a non-traditional challenge that basically let's her go all out... or whatever." He said, rolling his eyes at how arrogant (he percieved) that was. "Ya got Tapu Bulu... And yer Heatran, so..."

He smirked, waggling his eyebrows.

"Maybe you can force 'er hand on an official challenge?"

Katherine seemed prideful to a fault. If he challenge her in the format supposedly meant to let her 'go all out', she wouldn't just let Zac stomp her team with his legendary unopposed... with any luck.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Plattergeist [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2021 1:52:23 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"I'm not going to fight her." Zac said simply. "Trying to beat sense into someone like that is a fool's errand. Not to mention she'd probably win." Zac pulled out a file, which had notes on Kat's Pokemon. Most of them were standard, but several had ??? next to their names and powers. A true mystery team, with very little to go on.
    "I looked into that unconventional challenge, talked to some former challengers." Zac explained, pointing out the HD shots of several legendary Pokemon. "Between those chate, and what I could dig up online, I think she has four legendaries. Counting Giratina, that is." 
    Zac looked over at the squared grave stone. There was no way they were about to steal it, but it did give Zac an idea. "We're not in this to beat Kat. That's the wrong angle. Victory is unnecessary. We need to thwart her." A manic grin spread across Zac's face. "We need more plates."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Plattergeist [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 13:01:24 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug scoffed at that.

"Who said anythin' 'bout beating sense into her?" He said, punching his hand on his fist. "I just wanna deck 'er one, and both my job n' hers are in the way."

He had to beat her in a way that hurt her pride instead. Couldn't have a soldier punching a gym leader now, could we? Even if she was probably a bloody rat.

It wasn't 100% but Doug was extremely suspicious of Katherine after his chat with Selena, even if the woman had been skeptical. Call it confirmation bias, but after the reveal of Rocket? Just about everything had been re-contextualized for the youth.

Anyone abusing their power, thieving or doing any number of not so upstanding things... were subject to scrutiny, far as he was concerned.

Unless they were from his group of friends anyway. Again, bias.

The fact that had told him that Giratina was nothing short of a monster with no place amongst humans, who's avatar should be contained at best and neutralized at worst...

Well, it certainly played to his own inner narrative.

Unfortunately, Zac's words put a stop to that.

"Four?!" He said, brows furrowing. What the heck? "The heck she thinks she is, ?"

He tapped his foot on the floor as he crossed his arms, lip curling. That really did throw a wrench in the plans. It wasn't impossible to beat a legendary or anything... Just extremely hard.

And that was one.

"Maybe you ain't." He interjected jestingly between Zac's words, lip managing to curl up, and then going up further into a full blown grin as Zac finished speaking.

"Oh. Hell yeah."

He was certain would love to hear about this.

"Think we can chuck 'em all at the Chimney too?"

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Plattergeist [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 0:01:20 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Doug I think you misunderstand," Zac said, walking over to the familiar-shaped headstone. As he did, vines of morning glory crept across the nearby graves. He patted the top of the squared, stone plate. In the right light and with a few extra markings it would be indistinguishable from the real thing. "We need more plates," he repeated, slowly, bending the words so hard that they might break.
    "I'm going on an expedition next week, okay?" he said, one micron of restraint away from full-blown winking at Doug. "I have a hot tip as to where more plates are, you get me? So just hang tight, alright?" I'm going to go make us an advantage.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,911 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Plattergeist [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 3:38:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: